Pusat informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia sebagai berikut:
The Mowry group has currently two PhD projects available. Two PhD scholarships are available in the area of psychiatric genetics and second-generation- sequencing:
Project 1: Investigating the role of micro-RNAs in Schizophrenia using Second Generation DNA Sequencing The successful applicant will seek to identify rare and novel microRNAs in brain tissue. This involves comparing miRNA expression in multiple brain tissues of SZ-affected versus unaffected controls by using second generation DNA sequencing to identify the target mRNA transcripts of novel miRNA’s that are differentially expressed between SZ-affected and –unaffected samples. The following functional analysis aims at investigating the role of miRNA’s in the etiology of SZ.
Project 2: A systematic screen for schizophrenia-associated rare variants in population isolates from Sarawak and southern India
. The successful applicant will investigate the contribution of rare variants to SZ in two population isolates from Sarawak (Iban) and southern India (Tamil Brahmin) that are the subject of current GWAS in the Mowry lab. This involves the systematical re-sequencing of the best candidate SZ regions identified in the Iban and Tamil Brahmin GWAS, as well as strongly replicated SZ regions from studies in other populations.
Prof. Bryan Mowry
Tel (QBI): +617 3346 6351
Tel (QCMHR): +617 3271 8693
Please find more details on the projects at http://s04-2.qbi.uq.edu.au/mowry/?p=1
Note the closing dates for the two scholarships are mid 2010.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
- PhD Scholarship in Physics, University of Queensland, Australia Quantum Simulation with Neutral Atoms – ExperimentSupervisors: Dr Tyler Neely and Prof. Halina Rubinsztein-DunlopStudy in sunny subtropical Brisbane, Australia, within the new ARC Centre […]
- International Master Scholarship in Law, University of Sydney, Australia Sydney Law School Foundation International Scholarships (Masters by Coursework)
The Sydney Law School Foundation established a limited number of scholarships to support outstanding […]
- PhD Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia DIKTI-UTS Doctoral Degree Scholarships are the outcome of a collaboration betweenIndonesia’s Ministry of National Education Direktorat Jenderal Pendidikan Tinggi (DIKTI) and […]
- Human Rights Scholarship, University of Melbourne, Australia The Human Rights Scholarship is awarded to local or international applicants wishing to undertake graduate researchstudies at the University in the human rights field and who are able to […]
- SAE Institute Jakarta Scholarship Challenge Following on the success of last year’s Scholarship Challenge, we are pleased to announce the Creative Media Full Scholarship Challenge for 2013! The Creative Media scholarship program was […]
- David Geffen Foundation Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA The David Geffen Foundation Scholarship, sponsored by The David Geffen Foundation, is awarded to students currently enrolled full time in the Certificate in Music Business program, in a […]
- Glen and Joy McKee Mathematics Scholarship, University of Adelaide, Australia This scholarship has been established by William McKee in memory of his late parents to benefit students undertaking studies in Mathematics.One scholarship is available to a student in […]
- Joe Bonamassa Blues Guitar Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA The Joe Bonamassa Blues Guitar Scholarship, (sponsored by the Keeping The Blues Alive Foundation) was created to promote and preserve the heritage of blues music, and to directly encourage […]
- Women in Engineering Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia School of Aerospace Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Women in Engineering ScholarshipIf you are a woman commencing engineering studies in 2013 in the School of Aerospace, […]
- Gilt City LA Scholarship, Musicians Institute, USA The Gilt City LA Scholarship was created to support the education of creative, aspiring musicians in the Los Angeles area. The scholarship will be awarded in Spring 2013 to an […]
Web Populer: Biaya | Info Kerja | Polling | Berita | Lowongan Kerja
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD Scholarship in Bioinformatics at the Queensland Brain Institute, Australia, semoga bermanfaat.