Pusat informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan informasi tentang PhD in Social Sciene for Indonesian Student, Maastricht University, Netherlands sebagai berikut:
5 social science PhD student vacancies (only Indonesian nationality) at Maastricht University for 4 years
At International Centre for Integrated assessment and Sustainable development (ICIS), Maastricht University, 5 PhD student vacancies are available for candidates from Indonesia within the research program Social and economic effects of partnering for change in agricultural commodity chains: A Southern perspective.
The research program is a collaboration between Maastricht University (the Netherlands) and the University of Lampung and Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta. The program has been funded by DIKTI Indonesia and the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.
This research program aims to analyze the social and economic effects of global certifying sustainability partnerships that aim to connect Southern agricultural production to Northern consumption.
The global coffee and palm oil chains serve as main fields of research in the assessment part of the program. The prospective part of the research includes cocoa, spices, and aquaculture; commodities on which new certifying partnerships are in an early stage of development and implementation.
- PhD 1 Studies the social and economic effects of coffee certification, with a specific focus on the livelihood effects for farmers
- PhD2 Studies the social and economic effects of palm oil certification, with a specific focus on the livelihood effects for farmers
- PhD 3 Studies certification contracts from an institutional economic perspective
- PhD 4 Studies the inclusion of local sustainability values and interests through Indonesian NGOs in global certifying partnerships
- PhD 5 Studies the relationships between public responsibilities of Indonesian governments and private responsibilities of global certifying partnerships
Candidates are highly motivated and enthusiastic with an interdisciplinary view. The candidates have strong academic abilities and the ambition to become an excellent researcher with an outspoken interest in and proven qualifications for doing research and fieldwork. Successful candidates are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Have the Indonesian nationality and are working at an Indonesian university/ research organization or willing to do this after completion of the dissertation.
- Have finished a master degree from a reputable university (domestic or abroad) in a social science discipline with excellent results (political science, sociology, (agricultural or institutional) economics, environmental studies or other related fields). Having written a master thesis on a topic related to the program or a related experience / extensive knowledge is preferable.
- Have the willingness and proven ability to work cooperatively with the other PhD students and able to work annually approximately 6 months at Maastricht University in the Netherlands.
- Have a creative and dynamic personality and an enthusiastic and cooperative working attitude.
- Have a strong analytical capacity and are able to formulating views, ideas and concepts based upon complex information, and constructing conceptual frameworks or models.
- Have good communicative skills and able to present ideas and information clearly
- Are able to survey the work; setting goals and priorities and plan the activities
- Have an excellent written and verbal English language skill. Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to take the IELTS Test or TOEFL test.
Applications will be closed 15 August. Two-day meetings with the selection committee will take place in the second half of September at the University of Lampung in Indonesia. Applicants need to mail:
- Their motivation letter and/or statement of purpose
- A full CV with an overview of grades obtained during master studies
- The complete and official transcript of their academic records
- A copy of the master thesis and if available other publications
- A copy of latest English test results
- Two names of references
Prof. dr. Pieter Glasbergen: email@example.com
Prof. dr. Bustanul Arifin: firstname.lastname@example.org
On request a full program description is available. Further information can be obtained by Prof. dr. Pieter Glasbergen. Information about the procedure: Anja van Bogaert, managing director ICIS (email@example.com or phone +31 433882665).
It is envisaged that selected candidates will enroll in the program 1 January 2013.
Conditions of employment
Scholarship and living allowances to live about 24 months in the Netherlands and 24 months in Indonesia.
Temporary contract: 48 months
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 14,500 students and 3,800 employees. Reflecting the university’s strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
For more information, please visit official website
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang PhD in Social Sciene for Indonesian Student, Maastricht University, Netherlands, semoga bermanfaat.