Pusat informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan informasi tentang Tropical Biology Association (TBA) Masters Scholarship 2011 sebagai berikut:
TBA was established in 1993 by a group of dedicated biologists in order to give a high standard of ecology and conservation training to African and European biologists alike, thereby strengthening the international scientific and conservation community. Since its first course with 27 participants (18 Europeans and 9 Africans) in Uganda, TBA has grown from strength to strength. Since the beginning, TBA has trained over 1200 biologists from over 50 different countries. Annually three or four courses are rotated and carried out in the following countries: Uganda, Tanzania, Kenya, and Madagascar with, in 2009, a course in Malaysia on the island of Borneo. Established through funding from the Darwin Initiative, the TBA is supported by grants and collaborative programmes from government and non government agencies and the private sector. It has a subscribing membership of over 40 universities, research departments and conservation institutions which form the basis of its governing council. The TBA offices are located in Cambridge and Nairobi. Click here for the TBA office contact details.
Funded through a consortium of TBA funders, The TBA Postgraduate Scholarships are annually offered by the Tropical Biology Association to its African alumni. They are intended to help African alumni undertake postgraduate studies after they have attended TBA courses, as part of the TBA alumni follow up support programme designed to promote human resource development and strengthen professional expertise among African biologists in biodiversity conservation and research.
- Funding granted for up to two years of study leading to the award of a Masters degree.
- Depending on the proposed study programme, the scholarship will include tuition fees, travel costs, study materials, and a modest living allowance.
- Applicants must be nationals from Africa who have attended a TBA course.
- Priority will be given to those who attended courses since 2001.
Applicants must pursue a postgraduate degree that will directly enhance their research and conservation skills as is relevant to their own country.
How to apply
Applications must be in English and include the following:
TBA Postgraduate Scholarship application forms duly filled.
- Cover letter (no more than two pages) indicating how the applicant will benefit from the course, apply education to enhance biodiversity conservation in country, region, district and community.
- A copy of acceptance letter to a university programme, or submit documentation indicating that they have applied for Masters study or its equivalent.
- Letter from employer (if applicable) confirming current status of applicant and that you will be allowed time off during the duration of study.
- Two letters of reference written by someone who has supervised you during your academic studies or professional employment. Note that it will be your responsibility to ensure that the referees send the reference letter in good time.
Completed application forms together with supporting documents should be returned to:
The TBA Postgraduate Scholarship
c/o Nature Kenya
P O Box 44486
tel: + 254 20 3749957/3746090
fax: + 254 20 3741049
The application deadline is 30th April each year. Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Visit Official Website.
Demikianlah informasi tentang Tropical Biology Association (TBA) Masters Scholarship 2011, semoga bermanfaat.