Pusat informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan informasi tentang The AW Mellon Foundation Master and Doctoral Scholarship Programe 2011 for Africa, University of Cape Town sebagai berikut:
The AW Mellon Foundation and the University of Cape Town has established a Scholarship Programme to support excellent South African students and students from other countries in Africa who intend to contribute to the development of the continent by leveraging their educational advantage. Although applicants from other countries in Africa will be considered, South African students from disadvantaged backgrounds will be given preference. Allocation of awards will be based on academic merit and financial need.
Only the following fields of study will be considered. Social Justice, Historical Studies, Political Theory and Criminology, Music, with preference for Ethnomusicology, Environmental and Geographical Studies, Anthropology, Film & Media, Gender Studies, Philosophy, Psychology, African Languages, Democratic Governance, Constitutionalisation of Private Law, Constitutional Law, Marine & Environmental Law, Intellectual Property Law, Organisational Psychology ,Economics, Actuarial Science, Demography
Determined individuals who intend to contribute to the development of and who intend to address the problems facing South Africa and the continent of Africa are invited to apply for these Scholarships.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates (see PURPOSE above) who intend to commence with full-time masters or doctoral studies at the University of Cape Town in 2011. Only applicants who will register for the first year of study and whose intended studies fall into the areas of study shown above will be considered.
Applicants for the Scholarship Programme will be required to:
- Submit a letter of application to the address given below. The letter must provide a summary of the applicant’s career plans and intended role in the development of South Africa and the continent of Africa.
- Submit a detailed budget plan for the proposed year of study, including all anticipated income and expenditure. This should be accompanied by a Pro-Forma Invoice from the University’s Fees Office.
- Attach curriculum vitae of no longer than TWO A4 pages. Provide proof that he/she has been accepted for fulltime study at the University of Cape Town
- Attach certified copies of all academic transcripts
- Provide proof of acceptance for study by the University of Cape Town and the relevant academic department. Evidence of such acceptance must be attached to the Application Package.
- Have secured a Supervisor. Evidence of the Supervisor’s commitment to supervise the applicant must be attached to the application package
- Provide letters of reference from TWO ACADEMICS who have taught and/or supervised the applicant. These references should be attached to the application in sealed envelopes or sent directly to the address given below before the closing date
- Submit an approved research proposal summary or abstract for the PhD degree (this document must be no longer than 3 A4 pages)
Successful applicants will be required to undertake to comply with the Conditions of Award which include the planning and organising of at least one seminar based on the study being undertaken.
The complete Applications Package, including all of the above requirements, must be submitted to:
The Director; Postgraduate Funding Office; University of Cape Town – Private Bag; Rondebosch 7701.
by no later than 15 September 2010.
Enquiries to :
Telephone: 021 – 650-5065
Fax – 021-650-4352
Late, incomplete, or inappropriate applications will be disqualified
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang The AW Mellon Foundation Master and Doctoral Scholarship Programe 2011 for Africa, University of Cape Town, semoga bermanfaat.