Pusat informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan informasi tentang Master Scholarships, Graduate School of International Studies, Korea University sebagai berikut:
The Korea International Cooperation Agency was founded as a government agency on April 1, 1991, to maximize the effectiveness of Korea’s grant aid programs for developing countries by implementing the government’s grant aid and technical cooperation programs.
In the past, development cooperation efforts were focused on meeting the Basic Human Needs (BHNs) of developing countries and on fostering their Human Resources Development (HRD).
However, the focus has now shifted to promoting sustainable development, strengthening partnerships with developing partners, and enhancing the local ownership of beneficiaries.
Additionally, global concerns such as the environment, poverty reduction, gender mainstreaming, and population have gained significant importance among donor countries.
Due to the continuously changing trends in development assistance efforts and practices, KOICA is striving to adapt to these changes by using its limited financial resources effectively on areas where Korea has a comparative advantage.
In particular, since Korea has the unique experience of developing from one of the poorest countries in the world to one of the most economically advanced, this knowhow is an invaluable asset that helps KOICA to efficiently support the sustainable socio-economic development of its partner countries.
Program Title: Master’s Degree Program in International Development
Duration: February 16, 2012 ~ February 28, 2013 (13 months)
- To develop human resources that will contribute to the socio-economic advancement of developing countries
- To train experts (in the fields of International Development and Trade) needed by the developing countries
Training Institute: Graduate School of International Studies, Korea University (Official Website)
Number of Participants: 20 persons
Accommodations: International Cooperation Center (ICC) and at the Dormitory of Korea University (CJ I House)
Government officials or researchers working in his/her home country with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, and who should:
- Be under the age of 40
- Be nominated by her Government
- Have sufficient command of spoken and written English;
- Be in good health, both physically and mentally, to undergo the course;
- Not have had experience in any of KOICA’s training courses within the past three years in the same field.
a. Admission Decision Procedure
- Round 1: Evaluation of Application Package
- Round 2: Interview by phone
*Note: An interview will be conducted only for those applicants who have passed Round1. The phone interview will be conducted strictly in English and the applicants’ educational objectives and development potential will primarily be evaluated.
b. Application & Registration Timetable
- Application Submission Due: ~ December 6, 2011
- Application Document Review by KUGSIS committee: December 7, 2011 ~ December 13, 2011
- Telephone interview by KUGSIS committee: December 14, 2011 ~ December 15, 2011
- Final Admission Decision by KOICA Committee: December 16, 2011 ~ December 23, 2011
- Admission Announcement: December 27, 2011
- Release of Letter of Admission & Visa Document: ~ January 9, 2012
- Arrival in Korea: February 16, 2012
- Preliminary Session: 4th week of February, 2012
c. Checklist of Documents to Be Submitted
- A completed application form (KUGSIS Application Form & KOICA Application Form)
- A Statement of Purpose: SOP is the essential part for our evaluation to see whether you are qualified for this program or not. It should be 3 pages in length, the font should be 10” and in Times New Roman, 1.5 spaced, describing the following factors:
- Your objective in applying for this program
- Study plan during your study at KUGSIS
- How your education and work experience qualify you for admission into this program
- Contribution you hope to make in the field of International Development & Cooperation; and How KUGSIS KOICA program will support your goals
- Future Career path after participating in this program
- Two photos, 3 X 4 cm sized
- Certificate of Degree (or Certificated Expected Graduation form) of all colleges and graduate schools (should be written in English)
- Official transcripts of all colleges and graduate schools (should be SEALED by the issuing institution and written in English)
- A copy of passport
- Two letters of recommendation (Download Available), from professors familiar with the applicant’s academic work, or from professional supervisors.
- TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS score report. Native speakers of English or those who graduated from the university which all courses are conducted in English are exempt from this requirement.
- Certificate of Employment (if applicable)
For more information, please visit official website.
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Master Scholarships, Graduate School of International Studies, Korea University, semoga bermanfaat.