Pusat informasi Kuliah Kelas Karyawan menyampaikan informasi tentang Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers sebagai berikut:
The purpose of this award is to increase motivation among young researchers contributing to research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries and related industries in developing countries, which is promoted by Japan for the benefit of those countries. Young researchers who show outstanding performance and research achievements that lead to future innovation will be commended with the Award.
The Award covers all areas of researches on agriculture, forestry, fisheries and industries, including the food sector for developing countries. Basic research and socioeconomic fields are also covered.
Individuals who are engaged in research and development at overseas public or private research institutes or international research institutes for agriculture, forestry and fisheries or universities, are eligible to apply. Candidates should be researchers who are under 40 years old as of January 1 of the year of commendation, who fall under any of the following criteria, and who are able to attend the commendation ceremony including the lecture session by awardees in November 28, 2012.
- Those who have shown outstanding performance in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries, or related industries for a developing country, and who show potential promise.
- Those who have shown outstanding research achievements in research and development in agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries for a developing country that will lead to future technological innovation, and who show potential promise.
- Candidates should be non-Japanese researchers who work overseas.
- Non-Japanese researchers who work in Japan shall be excluded because they are eligible for other domestic commendation awards for young researchers living in Japan.
- Those who miss out on the award are eligible to apply for a future award.
Number of Awardees
Up to three awardees can be granted the award in any one year.
Award and Prize Money
Winners will receive a testimonial from the Chairman of the Selection Committee. They will also receive an incentive of US$5,000 each from Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS), and will be invited to Japan for the Awarding Ceremony to present their research results.
How to apply
Applications must be prepared according to the “Instructions in the Preparation of Application Forms” and must be submitted by the recommending institute by post. However, Word-processed files of each form should also be submitted by the recommending institute via e-mail as they will be used for the preparation of a short list.
Only one researcher can be recommended from each institute per year, including its branches. The application should include supporting materials that substantiate the candidate’s achievements – most important research papers (maximum of 3 items), technical handbooks, patent applications or utility models, newspaper articles etc., and the entire publication list directly related to the applicant’s research.
Applications that are insufficient or incorrect will be excluded from the assessment. If an institute recommends two candidates, the Secretariat will ask the institute to choose one. If the institute does not respond by the due date, all applications from that institute will be excluded.
Determination of Winners
The three award winners will be decided from among the final applicants assessed and selected by the Selection Committee.
Criteria for Selection
The Selection Committee will observe the following criteria in assessing the applicants:
- The research and development shall show abundant originality.
- The research and development shall be those which have been objectively evaluated, e.g. by being published in academic or technical journals.
- The research and development shall have consideration for the dissemination and commercialization of agriculture, forestry, fisheries or related industries in developing countries which are aimed at their development.
- The research and development shall show potential for great development and for leading to future technological and methodological innovations, even when it might not be fully completed or not diffused enough at the present time.
- The research shall have some linkage with a Japanese research institute.
The Selection Committee will evaluate the following five aspects of the applicants’ work and should add general remarks, which include their future potential.
- Evaluation Aspects and Rating (Total of 25 points)
- Originality (5 points): The research and development shall show originality and uniqueness. Other than research papers, achievements such as patent applications should be evaluated.
- Level of research and development (5 points): The research and development shall have been objectively evaluated, e.g. by being published in academic or technical journals.
- Dissemination and practicability (5 points): The research shall have been conducted from the start with the intention of future dissemination and commercialization, in liaison with interested parties (e.g. conducting experimental studies, evaluation by actual beneficiaries).
- Future potential (5 points): The research and development shall show potential for significant development and for leading towards future technological and methodological innovations, and is currently at a basic stage of research and to be commercialized later.
- Relationship with Japan (5 points):
- Candidates shall have research experiences in Japanese institutes and the research outputs shall make a contribution to research and development.
- Candidates shall have experiences of joint research with Japanese institutes and the research outputs shall contribute to research and development.
- In the case of collaborative research results, the candidate’s contribution to the research shall be evaluated in relation to that of the other collaborators.
- Research results created through business activities shall also be evaluated as long as they meet the selection criteria.
- Committee members related to an institute that recommends an applicant shall not participate in the assessment and rating of that applicant.
- Due date for submission of application: June 29, 2012
- Selection of candidates : September, 2012
- Determination of award winners : October, 2012
- Date of Awarding Ceremony : November 28, 2012
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit applications by post to:
Secretariat of the Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers
International Relations Section, JIRCAS, 1-1, Ohwashi
Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, 305-8686 Japan
For more information, please visit official website
BAGI ANDA YANG SIBUK BEKERJA, TAPI INGIN KULIAH D3 S1 S2 S3
Mungkin Anda Tertarik
Demikianlah informasi tentang Japan International Award for Young Agricultural Researchers, semoga bermanfaat.